Fitness Blog IconInstagram-Logo-1indexj]blog-lovin-icon_zpsbf482c6a

Features

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Item of the Week 013

On Sunday afternoon I went shopping and I received this new dress from my mother in law. If you have followed my blog for a while you may have noticed how generous she has been on these shopping trips over the years and how she knows my style so perfectly. I've had my eye on this dress which was displayed in the window of Portmans for awhile now. I hardly ever shop at Portmans and this is only the second ever item I own from there but this particular dress stood out to me. I am planning to wear it to an engagement party that I am attending next month. I love the vintage style of this dress, the colours and the way the dress flows. The store described it as a 1950s dress but personally I think it is more 1970s inspired. It reminds me of an item I would have seen on the Brady Bunch. I cannot wait to wear it.

P1000606

P1000609
LinkP1000607

Portmans Multi Stripe Dress

11 comments:

Lisette Pool - 24/7 STYLISH said...

Super pretty dress, I like the belt too ^^

♥ Lots of love, Lisette ♥
sweetlisette.blogspot.com

Jennifer Fabulous said...

I'm not gonna lie. I'm totally jealous of you. Your future mother in law is so incredibly fabulous and generous. And I love how she knows your style SO WELL. It just shows how much she admires and adores you. ;)

This dress is so pretty, I love it! I can definitely see the 1950s inspiration, but like you, I see more 70s in it. I think the colors (orange and blue) give it that 70s/Brady Bunch vibe!

Georgie said...

The dress is so pretty, you're right its definitely 70s influenced! Also love the outfit below, especially the pink pencil skirt. xx

Green Tea and Cupcakes said...

Gorgeous dress, it doesnt look like your typical Portmans dress at all. It's got a bit of spunk about it. Can't wait to see it on you.

The Annachrist said...

Holy mackerel this dress is adorable! Can't wait to see the outfit post!

Jane Alisa said...

Such a pretty dress. xoxo

Sam said...

Oh my, that dress looks lovely! I wonder how it looks when you wear it!

Leia said...

What a lovely dress!

Leia

Andreia said...

Lovely dress, very cute and the belt is perfect!

makingfashionnotwar.blogspot.com

Natasha said...

That's a beautiful dress Imogen, I know you'll look lovely in it too. I also have to agree, pretty cardigans all the way through autumn! xxx

Helen said...

What a stunning dress- I want it!