Fitness Blog IconInstagram-Logo-1indexj]blog-lovin-icon_zpsbf482c6a

Features

Monday, August 19, 2013

Outfit

DSC_0054Today I thought I'd show you a completely different way that I styled my black cardigan with the leopard print collar. I first posted about this amazing cardigan here. I like to think of this as a relatively classy and sophisticated outfit; hopefully with a vintage element, in contrast with the more casual and fun look when I last styled this cardigan. This is the first time I've worn this skirt. At first I wasn't sure about it but now I love it. I bought this skirt about a year and a half ago because it was an incredible bargain and I was drawn to the polka dots. I always intended to hem this skirt to slightly above my knees and I never got around to it. I was a little unsure of wearing it at this length because it was outside my comfort zone. It's also very different from the cut of skirt I usually wear; I generally find skater skirts more flattering. I'm sure it's pretty obvious that I have a very specific style and I don't deviate from it particularly often. As time went on, I never got around to making the intended changes to my skirt and it sat around in my wardrobe.  Recently, I decided to give this skirt another chance and my opinion of it changed completely. I realised that making it shorter would actually detract from the style and cut of the skirt. I adore it just the way it is. It was almost as exciting as buying new clothes. I'm not sure what else I can wear with this skirt but there must be many possibilities; I'm sure many of my cardigans would pair rather nicely with it. My sisters in law helped me take these pictures a number of weeks ago; I was told I look like I'm going to Paris and I should wear this if I ever go there. To Sara of The Polished Edge, I say I definitely will!

DSC_0055
This is my favourite photo from this set. I spotted a car and was running off the road to avoid it. Action shots are the best. For some reason I'm always fascinated by bloggers who are able to take photos on a road or train tracks. I first took photos on the road here and I thought they turned out really well....wow I have a lot to say about nothing!

Valleygirl Cardigan
Bardot Pencil Skirt
Forever New 'From Paris with Love' Bag
Sportsgirl Heels
Diva Hair Bow
Equip Earrings


A few people have asked about my job so I thought I'd use this opportunity to write in more detail about it. I work in a multinational corporation in Sydney city as a Company Secretarial Officer within Investment Management. Company secretarial is actually a legal job, quite contrary to the name. The main responsibilities are to ensure that the company complies with regulatory and legal obligations and board of director decisions are applied. This involves organising and attending meetings of directors, preparing agendas and minutes, ensuring that the company maintains necessary documentation and registers required by corporations law, being aware of meeting procedures under the company constitution and corporations legislation, liaising with directors, ensuring all returns to the Australian Securities and Investment Commission are made in a timely manner, supervising financial administration, and probably many other responsibilities which I'm yet to find out. As a Company Secretarial Officer, I assist the company secretary and I'm learning so much. It's a incredible experience.

DSC_0067 
Full time work has been positively life changing. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to start my very first job in such an established reputable company.I've also found an area of interest; I always worried what I'd do with my law degree given that I've never had any interest in actually being a lawyer. This way I'm using my degrees but I don't have to follow the traditional legal path which isn't right for me at all. The greatest benefit from full time work is the impact it's had on my confidence and how I feel in myself on a daily basis. As a long term sufferer of major anxiety and with self confidence issues, I never thought I'd be capable of anything like this. The amount of doubt and worry I went through before starting work was intense but for the first time in as long as I can remember I don't feel like a loser; I believe I'm capable of more than I've ever given myself credit for. I finally feel good enough and worthy of happiness. This sense of achievement feels incredible and provides motivation to try my best everyday. I love my workplace, I've met wonderful people; one in particular that has changed my life and values me for who I am.


This is so much more than a job for me; it's the start of the rest of my life. Work has filled a void of unhappiness; for the first time in so many years I feel happy and satisfied with where I'm at in life. It's been a long time coming and every day I cannot believe it's real. I've been through a lot to get where I am today; it's been a very personal journey. At my lowest points I couldn't see a future for myself but now I can't wait to build a better life. Looking back I believe everything happens for a reason. It was all worth it to reach where I'm at now. I never thought I'd say that. I hope it continues to remain so positive.
DSC_0062

I'm still surprised that full time work is actually the best thing that's ever happened to me; I'm always so fearful of trying new experiences and stepping outside my comfort zone but it was exactly what I needed. It's inspired me to think more positively and value opportunities; I hope this will translate into other areas of life. I view long hours at work or stressful situations as a chance to progress my skills. Each morning I try and think about how much I value my current life situation. Take a chance and it may well pay off!


One of my greatest wishes in life is to use my experiences to help others.  When I became depressed, extreme negativity occupied every moment of my every day and drained the life from me; it was incredibly exhausting. But there was the tiniest hope in me that one day, if I ever did get better and feel happy again, something positive could become of my journey. I have no idea how to put this into practice but it's a long term goal that I'll eventually work out. I'd love to help others to feel better and find the joy in life again. This rather ambitious goal motivates me frequently. There is hope for everyone; I've been right to the bottom. Of course, I'm still learning; worthwhile ventures take time. I'll always have to watch my anxiety but taking advantage of opportunities, believing in myself and keeping busy are the best ways for me to move forward and enjoy life. I'm very nervous about posting this, I'll probably experience extreme panic as I hit publish, so please be nice! I have extreme admiration for bloggers who open up to us, share their personal lives, have a genuine desire to help others and raise the broader issues in life beyond fashion. I hope to write more about this in the future; writing is very helpful and satisfying.

DSC_0073



DSC_0075 

"Life is like a rainbow, you need both the rain and the sun to make the colours appear." 

Linking to: What I Wore Wednesday

65 comments:

www.janetteria.com said...

Cute cardi!

The Dainty Dolls House said...

You look smashing, adore this cardigan with the skirt...love dots :))) I hope you have a marvellous week doll xx

Keys of Anouk said...

Wow, what an amazing skirt! Love it :) xo

Shybiker said...

What a wonderful post! I'm so happy to hear about your adapting to the demands of full-time employment. And your job sounds well-suited to you.

This cardi is my favorite piece of yours. It's beautiful. And the skirt is great. I hope you don't mind my gushing too much about your outfit but I love the heels, too! Not only are they cute but they work so well with the ensemble. Great job.

Vision By Mila said...

I absolutely love your skirt! And you look so nice and thin and fit! And you're right, "un-planned" photos are the best!

Miss Twiggy said...

looking elegant and chic as aslways!!!

xx
http://www.efoxcity.net/green-gem-japan-style-emoda-necklace-sp49443.html

Vett Vandiver said...

I want that skirt for work, you look awesome!

Miśka Grabowska Blog said...

Wyglądasz fantastycznie! Jak zawsze. Podoba mi się Twoja fryzura^^
pozdrawiam ;*


Miśka

Pooja Mittal said...

This is am amazing outfit.. The skirt looks so classy and cardigen is pretty too.. I also dnt wear such skirts, just dint feel confiden and its not my style too, but niw i think i need to try..
So glad to know you enjoying your job, it looks intresting... Company secratary job after a law degree,u went out of your streem , yours seems to be a very intresting profile... I love road pics too, but when i try to raje such pics i never suceed.. The pic in which ur running from car is best .., :)
Dont forget to enter my giveaway.
http://www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com/2013/08/my-bday-ahai-shopping-giveaway.html?m=1
Keep in touch,
www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
http://instagram.com/beingbeautifulpooja

Amanda said...

Such a great outfit! I really love the bow under your bun, I'm in love with that look!

Unknown said...

He dear,
Great review!!! you look good sweety! keep posting:)

Would you like to follow each other on GFC/Bloglovin? I'm follwoing you already!! You made my day if you follow me back :))

Hope you have a fabulous week ahead full of things that makes your heart happy<3

much ❤ & kisses

kelpasdairy.blogspot.nl

elpuntodelola said...

Bonito look, la falda es preciosa. Besos

Unknown said...

Beautiful ! Amazing outfit...loved your blog .
xoxo Shreya
http://beautyndbest.com/

Nikki | The Ginger Diaries said...

What a darling look Imogen! I love the cute bow you are wearing in your hair. This outfit truly is classic, and you needn't worry about the skirt! The length works fine for you I think :-) xo

Tanya said...

You look amazing! I love the whole outfit on you everything are perfect pieces!

http://www.attraction2fashion.com

Couture Carrie said...

Absolutely gorgeous look, darling!
Love the mix of prints!
And that quote is wonderful :)

xoxox,
CC

AVY said...

So cute, very 60s. Love the skirt and the bag.

/Avy

http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

June said...

What an adorable skirt Imogen! Thank you so much for the comment and the follow! Am following you too! Keep in touch :)
xx
www.JuneWantsItAll.com

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

This outfit is absolute PERFECTION!! Your cardigan and polka dot skirt were made for each other. You look stunning!

www.thejoyoffashionblog.com

Anonymous said...

Lovely!
http://veenjisworld.blogspot.com

Green Tea and Cupcakes said...

You look just as gorgeous in a pencil skirt and it's lovely reading about how happy and content you are in your job.

Cattail Down said...

Leopard Print!

S&R
http://www.CattailDown.com

New items in the shop!
http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/TheRucksackRefinery

Unknown said...

Oh, you are just too cute. I absolutely love how you styled this cardigan, and that pencil skirt is just darling. You always know how to put together the perfect outfit, I adore you! Hope you are having a wonderful week :)

xo, Alyssa
www.butterfliesonmars.blogspot.com

Mouna said...

those shoes are beyond wonderful!

Anonymous said...

beautiful outfit :)

Sam said...

I love this cardigan of yours, is such a timeless chic piece. Looks excellent paired with this lovely skirt.

Ali Hval said...

Aw, I'm so glad that your job is doing you well!! Especially that little part about how it's going to transform into what you want to do for the rest of your life. Isn't that lovely? Hard work, I am sure, especially by that job description, but I'm glad you've taken the opportunity and are working hard!! <3 You go, girl!

That skirt really is cute. I love how it's slightly longer and the polka dots are off white. It makes it much more professional, while still remaining a darling piece.

Katie Aman said...

I am so glad for you that you're loving your job that much. It truly must be fulfilling to find something that you enjoy and are great at! Starting a new job is always something that can be scary, but I feel so happy to hear that you have renewed confidence in yourself! You deserve that as I can see through your blog and comments that you truly are one of the sweetest people around. Not to mention you must be best dressed in the office ;) I adore this skirt! As you said the longer length makes for a style that's just right and it will be so versatile too!

Bex Doctor said...

Your pencil skirt screams elegance! I love the length and how classic it looks. You shoes play their part as well. Super lovely!!! Beautiful you!!!

Kisses,
Bex

Kati said...

Thanks for leaving such a darling comment on my blog!
I really like your outfit here, the collared cardigan is so adorable!

Have a great day,
-Kati

ice pandora said...

That vintage element is definetely
there! You look classy c: Xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely Imogen! Greetings from my honeymoon in Switzerland. This is Kezzie but I can't seem to log into Blogger here. This post is fantastic. I am so glad your job was worked out so positively and I am quite sure you cam help others through your writing. X x

Silvia Negretti said...

So classy!
That kind of skirt and shoes look really good on you!
Super cute!
xxx

S
http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it/

Sherin said...

I love this look so much. The polka dot skirt is amazing.

The Dragonfruit said...

What a chic outfit! Love the leopard collar peeking out and your slim fitting polka dot skirt :)

The Dragonfruit Diaries

Francesca said...

Love your skirt, that is so adorable! That action shot is so cute!

Francesca

Isabel said...

this outfit is reminding me that fall is just around the corner.


Isabel @ Walk of Fashion

Selvaggia Capizzi said...

Awesome outfit, I love the furry leopard print collar!!! You look gorgeous!!
Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
Facebook
Bloglovin'

Www said...

great outfit !
Followed you :)

Diana S.T. said...

I think your cardigan is very sofisticated too... you look very chic
kisses

Sewingadicta said...

Dear Imogen, your words have touched my soul ... I'm always on the lookout for your outfits, because I love them ... but today I have known you from the inside and I love that! It's great to know the soul of the people, you should write about your feelings many times ... Now I admire your wardrobe and your soul .... Happy week!

Shop Style Conquer said...

i love the skirt! I dont think this style is less flattering than a skater style, you look great in it!

-Tara x

SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM

London Loafers said...

THis is such an adorable outfit! Love the little yellow polka dots! :)

Hayfa
http://chic-and-cliche.blogspot.co.uk

Midnight Cowgirl said...

It's so great when one finds a satisfying job!

LyddieGal said...

the triple print mix is a lot of fun!
Chic on the Cheap

littlemissandrea said...

The cardigan is SUPER cute!

Delia. said...

you have such a lovely skirt dear <3
love it and it looks great on you
kisses

Accrochable said...

This is such a classy and gorgeous look!

XO Zoë

Paola Lauretano said...

You look always elegant my dear, I love your pencil skirt!!!!!
Kissssssss

nikkistyle™ said...

Pretty ;)

Anonymous said...

You sure know how to wear a pencil skirt, so classy!

Tamera Beardsley said...

Gorgeous outfit... all the way around! The bow in the back of your hair... the perfect exclamation point to your stylish ensemble!

Adriana Alfaro said...

pretty outfit!
loove that!
xoxo

Maddie said...

Oh! You look dapper! Such a gorgeus outfit! I really like your style Imogen! :)

callmemaddie.blogspot.com

Corinne said...

I'm glad you didn't shorten the skirt! I love it this length, very classy.

I'm so happy you are enjoying your work and feeling so much more positive =) Good luck to you!

Corinne x
www.skinnedcartree.com

mochaccinoland said...

lovely look & great polka dots skirt!

xoxo
mochaccinoland.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

You look lovely!!
xx

Am
http://vinteepoucos.com.br/?lang=en

Patricia G. said...

Love the pencil skirt!!
xoxo
http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4487669

the chilicool said...

I adore this polka dot skirt!
Alessia
THECHILICOOL
FACEBOOK
Video outfit YOUTUBE
Kiss

Laura Jones said...

glad to hear you're liking the job! and that outfit looks amazing:-) it definitely was worth stepping out of your comfort zone, as the skirt suits you so well! x

Style Eyes said...

Love this outfit. Such a striking and chic look.

Paronomazje said...

All of your outfits are absolutely charming!

Linn

all-is-pretentious.blogspot.com

Tanja S. said...

Oh girl I love your pencil skirt and especially the heels! So beautiful. :)

Unknown said...

I'm so glad things are looking up for you and that your new job is going well! Taking a new step in life is hard, but I'm really glad it's paid off.

Plus you look incredibly cute here. That polka dot pencil skirt looks amazing on you and I love the leopard print collar on your cardigan too.

Mrs. D said...

So elegant, love this look.
Good luck with you job situation :)