Fitness Blog IconInstagram-Logo-1indexj]blog-lovin-icon_zpsbf482c6a

Features

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Favourite Beauty/Makeup Products

Hi everyone, I've tried a number of beauty product for the first time recently and added a few of them to my favourites list:

Too Faced Melted Violet
I discovered the Melted range from Too Faced a few months ago at Mecca Maxima. I have a number of Melted lip colours now but the Violet version is most definitely my favourite. It's such a unique and beautiful shade. I don't see too many purple shades and, when I do, they can be too dark. However, this is undoubtedly the most beautiful colour ever. It's also a good texture as I prefer gloss instead of matte. As a bonus, the packaging is sweet too. Some of the colours in this range don't stay on the lips particularly well and end up on my face. Luckily this isn't the case for Melted Violet. 

Miss Dior
I've never owned a Dior fragrance before and obviously they can be rather pricey.However, there was a 50% off sale at Priceline a few weeks ago so I thought it was the perfect opportunity to add Miss Dior to my perfume collection. Priceline has some amazing sales; if you wait long enough, most things will come on sale. I'm not great at describing scents so I won't try but it's one of my favourite fragrances. It's really light and beautiful.

Soap and Glory Rich and Foamous Body Wash
After hearing so much about Soap and Glory on blogs and youtube channels, I thought I'd like to try it. I didn't know which product to try so I went for a body wash. The scent is really lovely and it's light and a good texture to apply. It's so relaxing having a bath and applying this product. Of course the packaging is super adorable and part of the appeal. It's very much like the brand 'Dirty Works' in terms of design which is much more available here in Australia. I've posted a couple of times before about 'Dirty Works' and particularly enjoy their bubble bath. 

L'Oreal Preference Hair Colour in Pure Scarlet
This is the colour I've always used since I started dyeing my hair red earlier in the year. I've seen mixed reviews on it but its been great for me and deserves a mention here. There were limited options to choose from when I made the decision to go for red hair so this one stood out. I still wish my hair was brighter, just like Ariel the Little Mermaid, but I never wanted to bleach my hair so I think I've done really well with just a boxed hair dye. I've had a number of comments of this nature. It also lasts long and fades much less than I would have expected. I plan to continue using this product for quite awhile. 

Beauty & Makeup Favourites

OPI Nail Polish in Rising Star 
What is there not to love about a gold nail polish!?! This one is a gorgeous vibrant and shiny gold. The consistency is nice and thick and it doesn't chip too easily. It's definitely my most worn nail polish at the moment.

Maybelline Colour Tattoo Eyeshadow in Bad to the Bronze
I've mentioned a number of times that the Maybelline Colour Tattoo range is my favourite makeup product ever (in any category). It's so easy to use, even for those of us who are terrible at eyeshadow. It is incredibly long lasting and lives up to its claim of being a 24 hour product. For many months I alternated between Silver Strike and Bold Gold. However, I've recently added Bad to the Bronze into the rotation. I hadn't previously considered it as I thought it was too neutral; I'm more into bolder shades. However, it's actually a really beautiful shade, not at all boring and less brown than I'd expected. I definitely recommend giving it a try. 

John Frieda Colour Refreshing Gloss
I've only used this product once as I bought it last week at the 50% off hair products sale at Priceline (best sale, I've never been so excited by hair products before). I've always wanted to try a product of this nature. It's supposed to be applied to wet hair after shampoo and conditioner, once a week, to refresh the colour. The colour was very noticeable after a hair wash; my hair was much less dull and faded. I don't usually have much success with hair products of any variety so I was happy with this result.

Do you have any new favourite beauty/makeup products?

50 comments:

laura said...

I love Soap and Glory, it just smells SO GOOD!

Tina said...

I want to try the OPI nail polish color!!

Tina
www.justatinabit.com

Launna said...

I've never tried Soap and Glory... it sounds like a really great product ♡ And I have heared really great things about Opi. .. especially their top coat xox ♡

I hope everything is well and happy for you Imogen.. have an amazing week ahead xox

Couture Carrie said...

Fab reviews! Must try the John Frieda gloss!

xoxox,
CC

cat eyes & skinny jeans said...

I LOVE Too Faced's Melted line!

xx

Unknown said...



Diana Cloudlet
www.dianacloudlet.com

Unknown said...

I have the Miss Dior perfume, answering your question. I like Dior very much and I like Too Faced as well. Actually the products that you chose are great - John Frieda is also excellent! OPI is also one of my favorite brands for nail polish! I loved your selection and I wanted to buy some things and with your recommendations it's better now! Hope you have a great week, dear Imogen!
DenisesPlanet.com

Beauty Unearthly said...

Interesting beauty products.We keep in touch. xx

Marcia B. said...

I gotta try these!

Unknown said...

nice post, those products look amazing!

lu | www.louloublog.com

Red Rose Alley said...

Imogen, it's nice to see what kind of beauty products you use. The face make-up I use is Clinique at Macy's. Are you familiar? It goes on smooth and silky. I haven't worn lipstick in such a long time. Your products are making me want to buy a few of my own hahaha.

Have a good week, Imogen.

love, ~Sheri

Mica said...

I love OPI polish! they have a great range of colours too! :)


And I won some soap and glory stuff in a blog giveaway a while back, now my normal product is about to run out I'm excited to give it a try :)

Away From The Blue Blog

Laura Mitbrodt said...

These products all look
xo
www.laurajaneatelier.com

TRANGSCORNER said...

Love these beauty products!! Thanks for sharing!!
Hugs,
Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

miasmode said...

I haven't tried a lot but I also love Maybelline Colour tattoos!

xx

Emmylou said...

I've been wanting to try Miss Dior for forever! I really must get my butt on a dept store and give it a go.
Great list, Imogen. :)

Jackie Harrison said...

You cannot go wrong with Soap and Glorry I love their body butter moisturizer is one of my holy grail.

Kathrine Eldridge said...

Thanks for sharing all these wonderful products! I am a huge fan of Too Faced so I need to try this gloss ASAP. :)

http://www.kathrineeldridge.com

Rachel-Beth said...

Soap and Glory do the coolest products, I love the vintage style of their packaging too :)

Rachel xx
http://www.thedailyluxe.net

Jeanne said...

Very cool beauty picks Imogen! Thanks for sharing!
♥♥♥
Jeanne
http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

Anonymous said...

Great selection of products! x

The Belle Narrative

Straight A Style said...

I have not tried any of these specifics, but I love Loreal and OPI.

Amy Ann
Straight A Style

nerline said...

Such a wonderful list, filled with lots of great products. I love your picks.

BEAUTYEDITER.COM – Beauty Blog said...

this is so awesome!

xoxo;
STYLEFORMANKIND.COM
Facebook
Instagram
Bloglovin

jess said...

Color Tattoo has great colors and it stays on for a long time.

Shireen L. Platt said...

OMG, Bad to the Bronze is my all time favourite! It's the best shade and easily worn on its own.

Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

Federica Di Nardo said...

Amazing products, must try them ;)

The Cutielicious
http://www.thecutielicious.com
Federica

Oh to Be a Muse said...

I definitely see a lot of people loving Too Faced, so I really need to get my hands on some of their products!

Natasha said...

I do love Soap and Glory, their products always smell amazing. My house mate at university had a huge wash bag for all of her products, and it was a Soap and Glory one which she'd received for Christmas and even the bag smelled nice! Lovely post and as always, thank you for the lovely comments Imogen! - Tasha

Lenya said...

Great review. I love Dior perfumes.
xox
Lenya
FashionDreams&Lifestyle

Nina Kobi said...

Great products. This nail color is so pretty.
Nina
http://www.ninasstyleblog.com

The Style Rawr said...

I love Too Faced products! I'm also a fan of pretty much every Benefit product. :)

Tara x

Missymayification said...

Looks like great products. I want to try the lip gloss.

http://missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

Kathleen Harper said...

Thanks for sharing! I LOVE melted!
<3
katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

MELODY JACOB said...

nice
http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/2015/10/denim-wild.html

Danielle said...

Thanks for sharing the reviews of so many products! I would like to try Miss Dior.

Danielle
www.spring2spring.com

Unknown said...

This is a good news to me:). You will love Miss Dior as much as I do. I been suing for over two years and I love Miss Dior:).

Tanya
http://attraction2fashion.com

Effortlesslady said...

I want to try miss dior! Do you want to follow each other on insta? let me know.
www.effortlesslady.com

sonia // daring coco said...

You're brave dying your hair at home. I am utterly hopeless. I tried once or twice and it never really worked as well as I'd wanted it to. I leave it to the professionals now lol. Intrigued over that OPI hue. I'm strayed a bit for a while and started using more cheaper polishes like essie (not really that much cheaper over here) but they started to annoy me with how fragile they were on my nails. OPI is ultra enduring and lasts a good week before a chip is to be seen.

Sxx
www.daringcoco.com

Unknown said...

Amazing post

Adela Acanski

Dressed With Soul said...

Many thanks! As you are so beautiful this products must be good - although I'm convinced you are a true natural beauty <3
xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com

Deborah D said...

Melted lipstick by too faced are my favourite too!

STYLURE
STYLURE
STYLURE

crafty-zone said...

I love these perfume from Dior too!

http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

Kelsey Bang said...

fun post! sounds like some cool products!
kelseybang.com

A Very Sweet Blog said...

I have melted violet and it was a pleasant surprise! Lovely products.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

June said...

These sound nice!! I love soap and glory products but havent bought one yet because they are so pricey
xx
June Wants It All - Indian fashion and lifestyle blog

Claire said...

Need to try these products!

God bless,
XO, Claire
Http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.com

Midnight Cowgirl said...

The gold nail polish is so pretty!

Anastasia said...

Anything from Soap and Glory would do for me :)
xo
http://natbeesfashion.blogspot.com

Ivana Split said...

These products sound lovely!!!