Fitness Blog IconInstagram-Logo-1indexj]blog-lovin-icon_zpsbf482c6a

Features

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

2015: Year in Review

It's that time of the year again when many of us create our year in review posts. I've thought, on multiple occasions, what I'll say because 2015 has been highly significant and life changing for me. For the last six years I can distinctly remember writing the same post at the end of each year about what a terrible year it's been and how I hate my life. However, I was fortunate enough to finally have a year that was much better. It's been the best I've had in as long as I can remember, at least since I was a child. I will always look back on it fondly and I wish it didn't have to end so quickly. If I'd written this post a week earlier I'd continue to write more praise about the year. However, I received some news late last week which has hit me really hard- it's about a very significant person, who I credit so much of my progress this year towards, leaving my work. I can feel myself slipping back into the all too familiar feelings of depression and anxiety that I've experienced many times over. However, I think I'll write about that separately and say what I would have anyway in this post. 

The main positives this year happened at work. I put so much effort into my job and many times it was my whole life. It was so incredibly satisfying and rewarding to have my efforts recognised. I felt respect and belonging among my team far more than I'd ever felt in any previous contexts throughout my life. In the middle of the year I was offered permanent employment (I'd been a contractor the almost two years prior) and I was offered double to pay, beyond what I could ever have dreamed of.  I learned so much- I'm amazed if I compare my skills set and confidence this time last year to what it is now. I don't say this often but I'm actually proud of myself for what I'v achieved at work in 2015.

The next positive is in relation to my confidence and mental health. For the first time in as long as I can remember I've been comfortable with where my life is and I don't hate it. Similarly, I've finally had some relief from the major anxiety and depression which have controlled so much of my life. I rarely feel paralyzing nerves and I haven't had any days lying in bed crying for a long time now. I learned how to rely on myself more. I have lost friends this year and haven''t always had the support I felt I deserved from others, which forced me to support myself. I've really tried to force myself to keep busy and get out of the house, even on days where there hasn't been much reason to, because I know it's bests for me. As I said above, I can feel myself struggling a little with some recent news but overall the year brought great news in this respect.

I got back into sport this year. I started up running in the middle of the year. It's been incredibly unfortunate that I've been injured so often and haven't been able to dedicate as much of myself to it as I would have liked, but the times I've been able to run have been amazing. I've enjoyed the feelings of success when improving my own personal bests- there's no better feeling than this sense of achievement and I've missed it ever since I gave up sport many years ago. I started up swimming only two weeks ago but already I can see similar benefits and love that I've incorporated it back into my lifestyle. 

I dyed my hair red in May and it's one of the best decisions I've ever made! I love it so much! I had the same hairstyle for yet another year but that suits me. I have no plans to change it any time soon. 

The biggest negative this year was that my sister moved to London in August - I miss her and wish every single day that she would come back. 

Now onto the outfits- I've chosen my top 20 from 2015. 

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9

10

11

32 comments:

ChocolateFashionCoffee said...

lovely overview of 2015 ! Happy New Year!

ChocolateFashionCoffee
ChocolateFashionCoffee Facebook Page

Lostvestige said...

I am so happy to hear that 2015 was a wonderful year for you! It ended up being a pretty good year for me too. That's such a nice feeling isn't it? Congratulations on everything you achieved this year and I hope that 2016 brings even more great things!

Pooja Mittal said...

u have such a nice collection of shoes :)
Keep in touch
www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
www.indianbeautydiary.com

Silver Cat Tea Party said...

So glad to hear that this year has been a good one for you! Sorry to hear about your co-worker leaving your work. I hope even with them gone though that you will continue to grow and continue to have a good time at work. I love all your outfits! I love seeing end of year outfit roundups! My favorites are the first one with your Dita cardigan and floral skirt, and the one with your navy pin dot skirt and navy top with green oversized collar! :D

Beauty Unearthly said...

Love the collection of amazing looks!
Happy new year! I wish all the best dear! kisses

Style Tomes said...

Great recap! I wish you all the best for the new year. :)

PS. Bright side of your sister moving to London is you get to visit London more often!
xo
N
Style Tomes || Style Tomes on Instagram

Dressed With Soul said...

Dear Imogen, many thanks for the fantastic review! Yes, it was indeed a very good decision to dye your hair red and I think you can be so proud on you that you are doing sports. I love your looks, thanks for sharing them here again <3
Have a very happy New Year!
xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
International Time-Related Giveaway: Bad News and More
www.dressedwithsoul.com

Estelle Swango said...

Happy new year Imogen! :)

.Estelle.

Izabela said...

It's lovely yo hear that you had a great year. I hope that 2016 will be even better for you.

www.mydailywear.co.uk

Kezzie said...

I'm so pleased you've had a positive year Imogen. It's been lovely to hear and see your belief in yourself grow. And of course, I always delight in the delicate, ladylike but still fun outfits you create here so immaculately!x

Lauren-Blair Donovan said...

On a more superficial note, all of these outfits are so fun! And on a more serious note, I'm glad you're ending 2015 with a (more or less) good year under your belt. Learning to rely on yourself is a great feeling. I hope 2016 brings you even more health, happiness, and security! XOXOXOXO
Lauren-Blair
www.prefertobedemure.com

Adam said...

I think your best is the 4th row on the right

Midnight Cowgirl said...

So many positives this year, but I'm sorry you recently got bad news. Love your dresses :)

Launna said...

Awe Imogen, I loved reading this... although you have the issue that is hard at work, I was thrilled to read all the good that has happened to you this year. You really have sounded happier in your posts this year... I hope I get there again too♡

I like all your dresses... the light blue one is my favorite xox

I hope you have an incredible and wonderful New Year in 2016 too ♡

A Very Sweet Blog said...

You have the sweetest outfits Imogen! So glad to hear things are better. I think we've all been there at some point in our lives. Wishing you THE BEST for 2016.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Mica said...

You have had some great outfits! You always manage to dress so beautifully! :)


I am pleased you've had such a wonderful year, you do deserve it! Although work-wise you got some bad news, hopefully you can use the situation to grow and learn even more in 2016 and make that year even better than this one.

Hope you have a happy new year Imogen! Thank you for all of your support and encouragement and sweet comments on my blog.


Away From The Blue Blog

nerline said...

This is such a wonderful post. I remember when you told us about the depression . I'm so happy you are in a happier place now. I remember coming to your blog and say God please bless her. I'm glad you are happy at work. I love the hair too. And I hope you get to see your sister soon. Happy new year,love!

June said...

Lovely pics! You looked fabulous all year! Happy new year!
xx
June Wants It All - Indian fashion and lifestyle blog

Heather Noire said...

gorgeous style i just love these photos happy new year! http://www.bauchlefashion.com

Kati said...

You truly have a fantastic style - I love your colourful looks, cute cardigans and beautiful dresses!
Also good to hear that 2015 was a good year for you. Don't let the person leaving work affect you too much - you have come so far now!

-Kati

Emmylou said...

I'm so sorry to hear about that bad news about that person leaving your work. I hope that the circumstances weren't bad in regards to the departure. But Imogen, look how far you've come. You should be so proud of yourself for everything you have accomplished in 2015. 2016 will be one full of more opportunities, I'm sure:) And the outfits you posted are just so you and so beautiful:)

Kelsey Bang said...

cute style recap! so many cute looks!

kelseybang.com

Red Rose Alley said...

I'm so glad this year was a good one for you, Imogen. Here's to another good year for both of us!

love, ~Sheri

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Lots of marvellous looks, am glad you had a great year :) Happy New Year doll xx

Couture Carrie said...

Amazing sentiment and looks!
Happy 2016, darling!

xoxox,
CC

tr3ndygirl influencer e fashion blogger said...

I wish you Ⓗⓐⓟⓟⓨ * Ⓝⓔⓦ * Ⓨⓔⓐⓡ
fashion blogger
kiss

FASHION TALES said...

Great to read your recap! It's nice that you got back into sport. Happy New Year dear. x/Madison
Holiday Cheer For the New Year

Unknown said...

Such a nice recap of your outfits! your style is so wonderfully playful and feminine!
I can totally relate to what you say about getting back into sports. I was so fit when I was in Oz. I've really neglected it since I'm back in Germany and really have to start training again.
Happy new year!

Bad Taste Toast - A German/Australian Style Blog

Walking Freckle said...

You look lovely in all these pics, you've got a lovely vintage taste :3
I was already following your blog via GFC, maybe it doesn't show because I followed you a while ago. I don't have a picture, so it shows the default profile pic!

Have a loooovely 2016 dear :)

Walking Freckle
thisblogbelongstosabi.blogspot.com

Witchcrafted Life said...

Your looks are so cute, sweet and fun. They always lift one's mood and provide some very, very lovely styling ideas to boot. Thank you, honey!

Huge hugs & blissful wishes for all of 2016!
♥ Jessica

Rachel-Beth said...

Its so great that your anxiety and depression has got better hun :)Your red hair looks fab too! Hope 2016 is even better for you :)

Rachel xx
http://www.thedailyluxe.net

Laura Jones said...

happy to hear you've had such good things happen in 2015:-) health and confidence improvements are fantastic and i'm glad you've got permanent employment, too! that's all great after hearing about the difficulties you've had before at times! and, of course, these outfits are all adorable. xx