Fitness Blog IconInstagram-Logo-1indexj]blog-lovin-icon_zpsbf482c6a

Features

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Outfit

Green and red is a colour combination which is almost never seen (other than Christmas time, of course) and I believe it's very underrated. I love these colours together and I adore trying combinations which are less conventional; there's way too much sameness out there when it comes to fashion. As with my last outfit post, I'm enjoying wearing my Dita Cardigans at the moment. My shoes are the most recent addition to my wardrobe, they arrived a couple of days ago despite purchasing them over a month ago (I blame DHL and not B.A.I.T Footwear). As I've mentioned many times, I'm a huge fan of B.A.I.T Footwear and the 'Robbie' range in particular given it's often released in new colours. See my post here on my B.A.I.T Footwear collection. I couldn't resist even more and purchased the 'Robbie' in sparkly green and sparkly purple! I was very excited when they arrived as I haven't done much shopping in the last couple of months. I shared them on my Facebook and received a very negative comment. It really got me thinking- why is it necessary to bring others down over such trivial things? I don't expect everyone to like my style all the time and I can handle a negative comment because it's not going to change what I do. However, I question what the writer of the comment gets out of it. When it's as trivial as a shoe purchase, it's surely just intended to be hurtful. If you don't like it then why not just take no action and refrain from commenting. There's already so much negativity in the world, let's all just be nice. 

How is your weekend going? I will be racing at a swimming meet tomorrow which is actually held at one of the schools where I used to be a student. It will feel weird being back given it's been 13 years since I left and absolutely hated it. I left and went to another school because I had some of the most negative experiences of my life there. On the other hand, some of my more positive experiences at that location were actually at the pool. I skipped swimming training today so I am rested for tomorrow so, after this morning's Parkrun, I had the whole day off. It was so rare and enjoyable to have a relaxing day. Also this week I signed up to the Sydney Harbour 10km run which is held on Sunday 10 July. I'm really looking forward to it because I've never entered a running event before. While I've competed in swimming on countless ocassions, competing in running is much newer. The Parkrun is the most serious race I've been in and that's certainly not serious. I did a practice 10km run the other day and it went quite well! 

IMG_9562

IMG_9468

IMG_9486

IMG_9629

IMG_9837

IMG_9595

IMG_9464

IMG_9510

Wheels and Dollbaby Dita Cardigan in Emerald
Kitten D'Amour Castaway Handbag
Kitten D'Amour Bicycle Print Dress
Kitten D'Amour Love Me Tender Hair Comb
B.A.I.T Robbie Heels in Green Starlet  

37 comments:

Laura Jones said...

i agree - red and green look lovely together and should be worn outside the christmas season as well! and your outfit especially looks lovely! also, good luck with the swim! xx

Miguel Gouveia said...

you look great, dear :)

love this mixed prints :)

NEW OUTFIT POST | Baby Blue.
×Pieces Of Me, Blog
×@mgouveiaa, instagram
×Facebook Official Page

Green Tea and Cupcakes said...

Good Luck in the 10km run, I am sure you will do fine. Im loving the red and green together, it's gorgeous.

Kezzie said...

I think they loook beautiful, those gorgeous shoes! Yes, it is a pity people like to bring each other down! You look lovely and very best of luck for your swimming meet!

laura said...

Very much in love with that skirt Imogen! xx

Silver Cat Tea Party said...

Gorgeous together! I love the red and green combo!

Beauty Unearthly said...

you look so fresh and radiant in all pics! Love the combination of outfit!
xx

Adam said...

looks wonderful

Midnight Cowgirl said...

Those shoes are so sweet! Hope you have a great swim meet :)

Mica said...

Love your glittery shoes - I can see why you got them in two colours :) Sorry you got some rude comment about it, you're right there's just no reason for rudeness especially where shoes are involved!

Good luck with your swimming!


Away From The Blue Blog

Vita said...

Awww your take on red and green is very fresh and summery, absolutely not like an Xmass tree!

Good luck on the competitions, even though you often post pictures and stories from your sport activities, I always get surprised that despite being so feminine, you're actually also really fit and fierce. <3

Lostvestige said...

I've always like red and green together, and I agree, it isn't done often enough! I love this combination :)

Pooja Mittal said...

such a pretty outfit, love the cardi
keep in touch
www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
www.indianbeautydiary.com

Couture Carrie said...

So pretty! Love this color combo!

xoxox,
CC

Estelle Swango said...

The green colour is not one of my favourites but this outfit is really pretty!

.Estelle.

Lux G. said...

Lovely as always, dear.

Unknown said...

I love that you're rocking red and green! It's a fun color combination! Your green shoes are absolutely amazing too.

Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

Chelsey said...

Cute outfit! Green and red remind me of Christmas too so I can't help but wear it all year round haha

Anett said...

I like how you combined these to colors, these shades in particular look great together!

Bella Pummarola

Paola Lauretano said...

You are always so pretty Imogen, such a lovely outfit!
Kisses, Paola.

Expressyourself

My Facebook

My Instagram

Laura M said...

I really love the colour match! Great look

http://www.lauramacij.com/2016/07/office-friendly-look-ideas.html

Natasha said...

I love the colour combination here Imogen, the green and red go so well together and your shoes are adorable. I hope the swim meet goes well for you too! - Tasha

Kasztanowy Domek said...

Great outfit!!! Have w nice weekend! :)

xxBasia
http://kasztanowydomek.blogspot.co.uk/

Unknown said...

So beautiful look!
Have a nice week-end!
Photographer Gil Zetbase
http://www.gilzetbase.com/

Tijana said...

great post, I love your blog!
Have a nice weekend :)

http://itsmetijana.blogspot.rs/

GlamourZONE said...

stunning.You look amazing
Beautiful sweater

BEAUTYEDITER.COM – Beauty Blog said...

So beautiful. Thank you for sharing and have an amazing new week.

Style For Mankind
Bloglovin

FASHION TALES said...

What a lovely outfit Imogen. The green combination looks very nice too. Have a nice new week ahead. x
Madison
FASHION TALES

Unknown said...

Oh, dear Imogen, running 10 km, wow! And the meeting also seems to be nice, I know how it is to have negative experiences at school, but also great as well! I am sure all will be fine, I hope so! I loooved the cardi and skirt, and the B.A.I.T. shoes, wow wow wow, three times, because they are phenomenal! You look so feminine and beautiful! I am sad that you went through this bad experience on facebook. There are people who are just sad with themselves, so they leave bad comments, to relieve their frustration. I used to have a "frenemy" who simply ALWAYS left bad comments, to make sure she appeared on the top and undermined me. I said frenemy, because I thought she was a friend, but along time I noticed that she was not, and what was the problem? She felt bad with herself and simply couldn't bear other people's happiness. Maybe this was the case now, so well done that you didn't react! Hope you have a lovely week!
DenisesPlanet.com

JJ said...

I love the cardigan!! You look amazing!
Dora www.BangsBang.com

Kati said...

Oh my, this outfit is just adorable! The cardigan is too pretty and I also love your bag!

Have a great week,
-Kati

P.S.: Thanks for leaving such nice comment on my recent post!

DIMPLEKHADI said...

This is so colorful.
Green and red goes well together...
http://dimplekhadi.blogspot.com/

cat eyes & skinny jeans said...

I'm actually loving how this color combo looks on you, Imogen! It's unexpected yet quite becoming!

xx

Corinne said...

Sorry to hear about the negative comment. You look fab, hope you update soon.

Corinne x
www.skinnedcartree.com

Mammaful Zo said...

You look great, the green really suits you xxx

Zoe ♥ MammafulZo

Lux G. said...

Lovely color contrast.
You look so dainty here.

Caro * said...

Very pretty, I really love your cardigan :)