Fitness Blog IconInstagram-Logo-1indexj]blog-lovin-icon_zpsbf482c6a

Features

Friday, November 11, 2016

Outfit

IMG_2089Finally an outfit picture, it's been way too long. I'm hoping to post more regularly from now on; I'm definitely still busy but the lighter nights help with taking pictures and creating blog material. As I mentioned in my last post, this is the newest dress in my collection. It's the Que Sera Sera collar dress from Kitten D'Amour. I had mixed feelings regarding this collection. The quality wasn't as high as some of the kitten designs. That's not to say there's an issue with the quality because there certainly wasn't. I'm just extremely particular and I like all my dresses to be lined in the skirt part and this wasn't. If they were I may well have purchased two designs from the collection. This particular dress was by far my favourite. The only potential issue is how low cut it is on me. However, I'm fine with it because I'm prepared for my undergarments to show and form part of the outfit; I don't think it looks much different from having a top underneath. The dress also came with a matching belt but on this occasion I liked the red belt. I don't like Kitten D'Amour as much as I used to. There are my pieces in the store which are not my style these days and, although it remains the shop I go to most, I purchase less than I used to. There are other aspects which I find frustrating too. Many of the staff (but certainly not all!) are too pushy and don't even allow privacy when trying on clothes in the change rooms. I don't like the censorship on their Facebook page and discussion group. I've seen comments deleted whenever someone expresses a negative view towards the store. They are implementing petty rules such as not allowing customers to take pictures in the store. I believe customers and supporters of the brand should be allowed to openly and objectively have discussions. I am not a fan of the restrictions and censorship. 

I couldn't be happier the weekend is here. It's beautiful spring weather and I'm enjoying simple aspects of life such as walking in the sunshine, sitting on the balcony and having an afternoon off work. I will also do some training for both swimming and running. I have the Long Distance Championships for swimming on Sunday. I'll be racing the 400m backstroke and 800m freestyle. I can't say I'm looking forward to it because racing makes me nervous (don't know why given I race weekly and started competitive swimming when I was nine years old) but hopefully it'll feel like a achievement once it's over. 

IMG_1982

IMG_1914

IMG_2007

IMG_2032

IMG_1929

IMG_1916

IMG_2018

IMG_1934

Kitten D'Amour Que Sera Sera Collar Dress
Kitten D'Amour Velvet Bow Belt in Red
Guess Flats 

Linking to: Fun Fashion Friday

20 comments:

Beauty Unearthly said...

Dear this dress fabulous, love model and flowers prints! have an happy day

theblogsocial.com said...

Such a code dress!
Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

Estelle Swango said...

It's so much pretty!

.Estelle.

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

This dress is too darling! I love the bow and ribbon belt details!

Adam said...

Pretty dress

laura said...

I love the belt, it adds such a lovely finishing touch! xx

Lindsey said...

What a beautiful dress! And these I love that it's staying light out for longer too, :) Best of luck in your swimming competition! I hope you win!

~Lindsey
http://have-clothes-will-travel.com/

Midnight Cowgirl said...

That is such a darling dress!

Nika said...

You look beautiful :)
Very nice dress :)

Follow you :)
grlfashion.blogspot.com

Kiss & Make-up said...

Looking adorable as always!

Paola Lauretano said...

I love your dress, such a lovely print!!!
Kisses, Paola.

Expressyourself

My Facebook

My Instagram

Couture Carrie said...

So beautiful, darling!

xoxox,
CC

Unknown said...

I looove your Kitten D'Amour dresses, dear Imogen, and I am glad you managed to have an outfit post now, cause I know you are busy! And wow, 400 m and 800m, you will feel great when you accomplished the race! I also loved the beautiful burgundy belt-ribbon detail, and the flats are so lovely! True, walking in the sunshine, or enjoying it on the balcony, the simple pleasures are always the best! I hope you enjoy a lovely weekend!
DenisesPlanet.com

Emmylou said...

This dress looks great on you, Imogen:) And good luck on this Sunday's race!

cat eyes & skinny jeans said...

I'm in love with that Velvet Bow Belt - it would be perfect for the holidays!

xx

Mica said...

Such a pretty floral dress! I really like the purple shoes with it too :)

Shame that you're not enjoying the brand as much as you used to - but it's great you have a current collection of pieces you can still use and enjoy without the hassles of the stores! Hopefully they will hear feedback and change some things.

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend, good luck with the races! :)

Away From The Blue Blog

Gemma said...

Lovely dress it looks so pretty!

Gemma x
www.jacquardflower.uk

Eleine said...

You look great dear

Giveaway on my blog!
http://iameleine.blogspot.com/

nerline said...

You look too cute in that dress. I love the flats too.

Silver Cat Tea Party said...

That is a very pretty dress. I love it with the belt you paired it with. That is a shame that this dress didn't come lined in the skirt and even more of a shame that the company censors people's opinion so much! Thank goodness there are blogs like yours which make it possible still to get an honest opinion of the brand!